Communication is important because it allows us to express ourselves. As a direct care worker, it's important to know that there is more to communication than just talking.
In this training, you will learn ways to listen to and communicate better with others. You will also discover various ways to encourage individuals with developmental disabilities to become better communicators.
- Demonstrate why communication is so important
- Describe the three aspects of communication
- Identify the aspects of communication
- Distinguish between listening from hearing
- Identify key barriers to communication
- Demonstrate ways to overcome barriers to communication
- Identify the key components of active listening
- Describe factors that affect communication
- Describe alternative communication methods
We understand that human service professionals have hectic and often-unpredictable schedules, and cannot always be available to join a training program hosted during the day. For this reason, we've created a training system that conforms to the individual schedules and needs of our users. Even if you can only devote short periods of time to training, our courses can be stopped and started at any time, allowing for a truly unique, user-driven experience.
All courses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and are accessible from any web-enabled device.
No matter when you want to train, your course is ready for you!