Direct Support Professional (DSP) Online Training
Training & eTracking Solutions is proud to offer online training for Direct Support Professionals everywhere!
With a focus on improving service quality and support, each course closely examines various best practices for ensuring that an individual's health and safety are protected while also ensuring that his or her needs are met.
Knowing as we do that direct support staff are the key to quality care, our competency-based training was created to give DPSs the knowledge, skills and outlook they need to support individuals with disabilities.
Courses available for Direct Support Professionals include:
- The Aging Process for DSPs
- Basic First Aid
- Basic Food Safety
- Basic Nutrition
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Communicable Diseases: Identification, Prevention, & Treatment
- Communication Skills for Direct Support Professionals
- Defensive Driving for DSPs
- Depression: An Introduction to Understanding Depression
- Depression: Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention
- Eating Disorders: Identification & Treatment
- Fire Safety for DSPs
- Fundamental Rights of Individuals for DSPs
- General Characteristics - An Introduction to working as a DSP
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
- Individual Planning for DSPs
- Infection Control: Universal Precautions and Safety Basics
- Influenza Control and Prevention
- MRSA: Identification, Prevention, and Treatment
- Pet Therapy: Pets in the Healing Process
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Principles of Behavior Change for DSPs
- Promoting Community Integration and Inclusion for DSPs
- Safe Lifting for DSPs
- Seizure Disorders
- Self-Harm: Identification and Treatment
- Setting Supervisory Limits
- Slips, Trips, and Falls for DSPs
- Stress Management for Employees
- Stress Management for Managers
- Substance Abuse
- Supporting Individuals and Families in Making Choices for DSPs
- Understanding Dementia and Alzheimers Disease
- Understanding Transference and Countertransference
- Workplace Violence: Identification and Prevention
We understand that direct support professionals have hectic and often-unpredictable schedules, and cannot always be available for training during the day. For this reason, we've created a training system that does not confine you to a set training schedule. Even if you can only devote short periods of time to training, our courses can be stopped and started at any time, allowing for a truly unique, self-paced learning experience.
All courses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and are accessible from any web-enabled device.
No matter when you want to train, your course is ready for you!